Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Yellow

I have a tumultuous relationship with yellow. Well no, I can't even say that, as we've never even dated - I don't wear yellow, don't grow yellow flowers, you'd never find a yellow capsicum in my shopping basket and I grew tired of that Coldplay song pretty quickly.
And yet here it is emerging in my work.


With road signs as my current muse it could hardly be avoided and the surprise is I'm liking it. Perhaps it represents my yearning for summer but more likely it's about the process I find myself in.

I'm continuing to explore my love/hate relationship with the city. Not just a result of observations, the work I'm currently embarking on is, in part, a personal attempt to view my urban landscape differently. I'm chosing to celebrate it's aesthetic rather than be worn down by it.  

And a by-product of this exploration is apparantly some kind of acceptance of the joy of yellow.

Huh, who would have thunk it!

No comments: