Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Studios I Like #3


I admit I haven't visited this studio but I can't let it go unmentioned. The very thoughtful Kylie Johnson, of Paper Boat Press fame, sent me this photo because she may have had a small (!) inkling I might appreciate it. It's a happy snap she took of the recreation of part of the workshop of Dame Lucie Rie, in the Victoria & Albert Museum, London, England. 

I like it because of the way the bench surrounds her wheel; because there are so many beautifully worn, wooden tools and brushes arranged in such a practical way; because the radios and lamp are so cool and because I don't know what the hell that green crystal-y thing is (always good to have some mystery). 

And, well, of course I just like it because it's Lucie Rie's.

Thanks Kylie.

The V&A...one day...

2 comments:

andrew widdis said...

It's really a dolls house, and some little girl has spilt her green Aeroplane jelly.

Anna said...

And what about the 2 radios. I love her work. I did a whistle stop tour of the V&A Ceramics rooms earlier this year but missed this...