Monday, October 27, 2008

Bendigo Pottery Big Day Out

Last time I visited Bendigo Pottery I was wearing
fawn short-shorts, a Miller shirt and Roman sandals.
I know this because I have the photo my parents made me pose
for in front of an old bottle kiln.
I'm not sure my fashion has improved since the eighties
but my appreciation of this place certainly has.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for old factories and clay dust...

but I do believe a healthy respect for tradition
is part and parcel of being a potter.

It was only with a small amount of irony and quiet amusement
that I asked Finn to pose for a photo next to an old kiln.

He looks as thrilled as I did.

1 comment:

Shannon Garson said...

That sounds like a groovy outfit! At least you didn't make your son wear roman sandals in honor of past visits!